Wednesday, April 9, 2014

School Styled Looks: Texas Style

I am super excited to share this post! I finally learned how to use 
Polyvore and I am feeling REALLY REALLY accomplished about the whole thing.
One thing I did not realize is how time consuming it could be! Cropping the 
images perfectly around the item was no easy task. (On that note, I apologize
for the random hairs on the shirt, nothing really to be done to crop that out)

Before I explain each outfit let me start with some notes. Each of the pop of
color items were found by me somewhere on the internet. Today I found quite
a few cute and affordable things at JCPenny.com, so most of the items are from 
there. If you think JCP is lame, you are definitely mistaken! I would classify it as 
a smidgen above Forever 21. The clothes aren't too expensive but they have some 
very trendy items. Also, they are pretty much always having a sale & they ship for 
free to the store!  With the exception of the colored pants, the rest of the looks
would be perfect with your favorite pair of jeans and cowboy boots. The jewelry
is just a guide of what kind of things would be sassy complements. Also, each photo
is linked to its Polyvore page. Enjoy!

These looks are stylized centering around some sort of denim bottoms & boots!


1.2.
3.4.
5.6.
7. 8.

Blue & White [Great for girls at Rice University or SMU]
1.  Joe Fresh Two-Tone Shirt $29: pair with simple white shorts and boots for
a super cute game ensemble. If attending an SMU event add a red pop of color! 

Red, Black & White [Great for game-days at Houston or Texas Tech]
2. Allen B. Studded Skinny Jeans (yes they have studs on them!) $14.99 and 9 & Co. 
Print Bow Neck Blouse: I love the contrasting texture with printed top. Something
different but still a classy & conservative look. 

Green & Yellow [Great for Baylor events, obvi]
 3. Co. Charmeuse Bow- Collar Blouse $24.99: I think this top is gorgeous and this 
whole look is my absolute favorite! The color is super striking and the price point 
is fantastic! Easily can be accessorized with gold or yellow to really bring the look together. 

4. Worthington 3/4 Sleeve Colorblock Sweater $18: This sweater is all around Baylor and
would be great for the crisp fall weather. I did not pair this one with cowboy boots because
I think it would work better with riding boots. 

Orange & White [Great for any UT gal]
5. Bisou Bisou Pleated Dolman Sleeve Top $24.99: When it gets cooler could also work
well with jeans, but I think the shorts are way better for the warm football games. 

Purple, White & Black [Perfect for a Horned Frog or K-State gal w/different boots obviously]
6. jcp Slim-Fit Skinny Ankle Jean $13.99 and Liz Claiborne Short Sleeve Lace Top $19.99:
This is such an affordable look that can easily be dressed up with some sweet accessories
(like the Kendra Scott earrings and Rebecca Minknoff bag). Your admirers will never know!

Maroon [Perfect for an Aggie]
7. Pins & Needles Ruffle V-Neck Top $39: Finding a maroon top was pretty difficult. But
I think this one was super cute and would work with any type of jean shorts. I would have
not have put it with high waisted shorts but it was too hard to crop out the top.

Red, White & Blue [to the stylish ladies of SMU]
8. Joie Top- Amarey Matte Silk $159 matched with the studded skinny jeans linked above.
This ensemble would also be great with wedges or strappy sandals if strutting around
the Boulevard!

I hope you liked my looks for today! Check them out on Polyvore for the full outfit!

Happy Tailgating!

xxT





No comments:

Post a Comment