Monday, April 7, 2014

First Post: Baylor/ SMU Game Day Looks

I am so excited to finally take this on! I have always been so fascinated and obsessed with game-day fashion. It is so great to be able to look cute while supporting your team. Unfortunately, finding certain colors during certain months is virtually impossible. (I once needed a red dress for a "red out" in the middle of september; I wet to EVERY store in Dallas' NorhtPark mall and found one thing. Since then, I started to hoard them. Just in case.

Today I started a Pinterest Board (I would really appreciate a follow)! I will be posting the perfect pieces for your tailgate/school event/etc. They are sorted by school, but if your school is not listed and another has the same school colors, It can obviously be cross applicable. I will go through these once a week to ensure that these items that I have linked to are still available from the specific retailers. Lets be real, how frustrating is it when you see something simply perfect on Pinterest and you have absolutely no idea where to buy it OR it's sold out. Yeah, none of that will be happening on my board. On here I will highlight my favorite finds from my internet searches just to give you a little sneak peek. 

So without further hesitation, here are mine from today. My first two boards include colors applicable to my two schools (SMU & Baylor) so for those of you unfamiliar with these amazing institutions, Red, Blue, Yellow & Green. 
side note: these will be sorted starting with the higher price point dresses first, aka the ultimate. the second set will be much more affordable options but obviously just as cute. 

Red Finds of the Day

 Kate Spade Ashby Dress $201
This cute little thing is on Sale if you can believe it. The 3/4 length sleeve will make it perfect for crisp fall weather. Pair it with cowboy boots and a contrasting color necklace for a fully complete look. 
click on image for more information

[STEAL] Forever 21 Fit & Flare Dress $17.80
Umm this is so basic and cute. Cowboy boots or sandals, either would work. 
I would finish the look off with these, or something like it

Blue Finds of the Day

 Lilly Pulitzer Whitaker Wrap Dress $188
This dress is SOOOOOO CUTE. I legitmately believe this style would work on 90% of different body types. If you are busty a cami can help with that, if you're taller add tights. The long sleeve will make it ideal for the fall weather and the silky texture will feel great on the skin. This one is definitely a win!  
So it looks as if this is sold out online in navy. ugh. but maybe you lucky people who have a store in your city can ask them to do a send sale or check out a via shop. hopefully it's not a total lost cause. 

[STEAL] Forever 21 Ribbon Applique Halter Dress $24.80
This is just adorable. Sassy & embellished. Perfect little combination. Add some 
red shoes (or whatever your other color is) for a sassy little extra pop of color and spirit. 


White Finds of the Day

Lilly Pulitzer Nicole Strapless Romper $148
This dress ensemble will only be good for one game of the year, but seriously who cares. White could not get any cuter. It's sassy, classy and all things any good southern girl wants for a football game
I can't honestly stand how cute this would be with cowboy boots. And maybe
this purse  and these earrings Just a thought. 

[STEAL] Forever 21 Strappy Fit & Flare $22.80
I love love love the back of this dress. Perfect for a whiteout game when the average temperature outside is over 100F. This could paired with legitimately anything. 


Red, White & Blue Find of the Day: Kate Spade Corley Dress $398. 
I think this thing is so wonderfully patriotic. Although it is a little fancy, it would be such a great way to not only represent your country but your school. It could also be worn at a variety of other occasions. I would pair with strappy flat sandals such as these cute things  

Green Find of the Day

[STEAL] Forever 21 Class Striped Woven Dress $27.80
This dress is remarkably preppy and conservative for Forever 21. I was definitely pleasantly surprised. If I may say, it even looks a tad Kate Spade like. 

Yellow Find of the Day

[STEAL] Urban Outfitters Kimichi Blue Daisy Strap Dress $69
I flippin love this thing. The daisies on the straps, and the tie back are so darn cute. I also love the cut. Super flattering. I love how effortless the model looks. That is obviously a way to style this or add some statement earrings and of course your cowboy boots. 



That pretty much wraps up my game day finds for today. Check back tomorrow and Pinterest for more great finds!












No comments:

Post a Comment